May 16th is World Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation (CDG) Awareness Day!
The first World CDG Awareness Day was officially recognized on May 16, 2016.
And in an effort to continue to raise CDG Awareness around the globe; each year CDG CARE partners with the Portuguese Association for CDG to launch a 2-month campaign leading up to May 16th to promote resources, support events, advance research and raise funds to support families that will help to improve the lives of children and adults diagnosed with CDG.
This is a day that we come together globally and send the message of CDG Awareness and the bond we all share, that despite these uncertain times, we will never lose HOPE!
Join our efforts to raise $50,000 to advance CDG awareness, research and resources for families that will help to improve the lives of children and young adults diagnosed with CDG!
We are proud to share that through our CDG Community fundraising efforts we have currently funded $150,000 in research projects, $15,000 in family travel scholarships and $10,000 to our fellow CDG Patient Associations to collaborate and support their initiatives.
The new and improved GoFundMe Charity platform is easy to use. Just use the following links to visit our CDG CARE Fundraising page and SHARE this opportunity with you family, friends and community supporters! You can even create your own team or event directly from the CDG CARE GoFundMe Charity Homepage by clicking HERE.
Join our efforts to raise CDG Awareness in your Community and Nationwide! We encourage everyone to share! Spreading the word helps us spread awareness for CDG!
In collaboration with APCDG and the newly-formed World CDG Organization, you can also join our 5th annual World CDG Awareness Day Campaign through social media and/or sharing your efforts by using the resources we have available below:
1) Follow us & Share Posts on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
2) Join the 2020 “Stand United 4 CDG” Campaign and use our official CDG Frame for your personalized Facebook Profile image
3) Hashtag like crazy using the official 2020 hashtags: #StandUnited4CDG #WorldCDGDay #CDGGoGreen
4) Plan a neighborhood, community or virtual event to celebrate World CDG Awareness Day and let us know about it!
5) Join the 2020 CDG Chalk it Up! Project and have fun putting your creativity to work! Raise awareness, spread hope and joy, and make your neighbors and community smile through the power of sidewalk chalk
6) Participate by going GREEN through the Green Ribbon Project! Wrap a green bow around your mailbox, tree, or front door to show your support for CDG. Even more fun, get your neighbors involved and let them show off their #CDGGoGreen support too!
7) Follow the progress of our 2020 State Proclamation Campaign as we Paint the USA GREEN with the support of State Governors officially declaring May 16th CDG Awareness Day across the Nation!
8) Visit the updated World CDG Organization Awareness Day toolkit, posters, frame and materials: AVAILABLE HERE
There are no rules, there is no limit, just have fun and don’t forget to share your artistic creations by showing us your pictures and emailing email@example.com on or before May 16th! We thank you all for your continued support each year and we look forward to seeing the positivity and HOPE from our CDG Community radiate around the world this May 16th – World CDG Awareness Day!